There are a few simple treatment aftercare advice rules which are generic and should be followed regardless of which treatment you have, these are listed here, there are also a few treatment aftercare rules which are specific to different treatments, you can find these in the menu under Treatment After Care Advice, alternatively visit this link
After your treatment you will usually be feeling relaxed and be enjoying the benefits, however, to gain maximum benefit it’s a good idea to follow some simple treatment aftercare advice for at least 24 hours and preferably 48 hours after your treatment.
- Try to relax and avoid strenuous activity for the rest of the day.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol, fizzy drinks and those containing caffeine.
- Eat light meals and avoid heavy or spicy foods.
- Avoid excessive heat (hot baths, saunas etc.)
- Avoid smoking or cut down as much as possible.
Following your treatment, you may experience some of the following symptoms for up to 48 hours.
- Aches, pains or mild flu-like symptoms.
- Stuffy, runny or blocked nose.
- Heightened emotions.
- Tiredness or fatigue.
- Increased visits to the toilet.
- Slight worsening of symptoms.
- Irritable or weepy.
- Increased thirst.
These symptoms are quite normal and are simply a sign that your body is going through a healing process so try to embrace them as something positive and know they won’t last long.
If you have any concerns contact your therapist who will happily advise you and put your mind at ease.